I used to make Resolutions every year. It seemed like a sure-fire way, to set myself up, for that old self-fulfilling prophecy—feel free to join in—failure!
Here’s the list from when I was 15:
- Really read every book that I make a book report on forgive me God!
- Make straight A’s
- Make my bed everyday
- Kiss a boy on the lips
- Go on a diet
Here’s the list at 25:
- Recover couch purchased at auction in peach
- Grade student papers the same day they turn them in
- Exercise everyday check out Tae-kwando class @ Mr. Yu’s
- Make a list about what you want in a man he should be able to dance
- Do the grapefruit diet
And at 35:
- Have garage sale sell old couch
- Clean the house on a daily schedule
- Take Matt for a walk everyday for exercise he can ride his Big Wheel
- Buy new underwear and nightgowns
- Do the South Beach Diet “Once on the lips, forever on the hips!!!”
I am so tired of these New Year’s Resolutions! I quit!!! I am not doing this to myself anymore. I’m going to make a goal in my life, I am going to reach a goal, not a list of particulars. I am freeing myself from this traditional routine!
Here’s my goal: I am going to live a healthier, happier lifestyle, by doing enjoyable things, and eating more natural foods. That’s it!
Gee Wiz! That felt great.! I’m so glad I did it! I will have my goal in the back of my mind, and I just know that this is going to work better for me. Everybody should try this!
My New Year’s Resolutions at 50:
- Go the extra mile to make everyone feel special
- Plant some flowers in the garden
- Tell my family I love them every night & play ball with Bandit
- Check everyday to make sure I tool my meds
- Get back on the Diet